Today, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission
(CRTC) launched an online consultation to seek input on the renewals of the
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation¹s (CBC) radio and television licences.
The CRTC will be looking at the CBC¹s overall mandate in terms of
programming and conditions of licence. The comments and discussions
resulting from this consultation will be considered for the upcoming hearing
beginning on September 12, 2011, in Gatineau, Quebec, as well as form part
of the public record.
- How can the CBC be relevant and meaningful in the future?
- How can the CBC best deliver content to all Canadians?
- Should the CBC only provide different programs and services than private broadcasters?
- Does the CBC's programming meet all of its objectives?
- What more (or less) should it be doing?
- What should it do differently?
- Do you feel the CBC reflects your specific Canadian interests and needs?
- Does the CBC fill your need for reliable and authoritative news and information?
The online consultation will conclude at midnight (EST) on July 18, 2011.
Canadians may participate by visiting http://www.cbc-consultation-src.ca/